Pillar II : God-Game Simulation
IN DEVELOPMENT: Everything on this page is subject to change. Last update: April 2023.
The Basics: In order to interact with a Planet, your Godling will take its Spirit Core and inhabit an EDEN, mysterious structures dotting the surface of most Planets. You will need to own a Planet in order to inhabit its EDEN; Planets can be purchased from public marketplaces (see Pillar III: Player Ownership). Once your Spirit Core takes control of an EDEN on a planet you own, you will have power over that Planet’s elements to shape and grow the environment as you wish.
- Each Planet will have its own elemental type and Avatar combat class, giving the player access to a unique set of skill cards for the Action RPG gameplay.
- Each Planet will have its own unique biome based on its elemental composition, leading to unique environmental puzzles and challenges.
- Players who want to try the game can reach out to our partner gaming guilds to get a non-transferable "seed planet" so that they can experience Apeiron's gameplay for free!
A happy dood Planet.
Miracles: Using the EDEN, players can perform Miracles. Miracles are tied to the environment by the four traditional elements: earth, water, air, and fire. Through them, the player can shape the world and the Doods will respond accordingly. Send rain to help them grow their crops. Break apart mountains to provide them ore to build their cities. Or, should your followers displease you, a fireball will always put them in line.
- As the player levels up their EDEN, more powerful miracles and Planetary functions will unlock. Primary Miracles may be combined to form new possibilities - for example, Air and Water create Ice, opening up new potential interactions with the environment and your Dood society.
- Different environmental objects can be formed by combinations or repeated use of certain Miracles. Grow a forest full of verdant trees by using water and earth miracles to nourish the land, or create lakes of lava with unending fire miracles.
- As the player uses Miracles to develop their planet, they will be able to add new and interesting skill cards to their combat deck.
A...not so happy dood Planet.
Alignment: As you cast Miracles, your Alignment will shift towards either good or evil. Dood followers will present the player with prayers. Answer them with benevolence, and your alignment will move towards good, opening up special skills, quests, and an angelic appearance for your world. Conversely, should you repeatedly punish the Doods for their impudence, you will shift to evil - also with its own unique unlocks and slowly transforming the world into a demonic hellscape.
- When players maximize their alignment they may have a chance for their Doods to construct special Planetary wonders or for unique Dood heroes to appear.
The Doods: At the start of the game, only one continent on the Planet will be open to the players, which will have a small Dood community. The first task for the players will be to convert these Doods into Followers by listening to their demands and performing Miracles. Doods will have their own preferences for miracles and objects to be produced in the environment, and it will be up to the player to figure out how best to meet their demands. After converting enough Doods into followers, the EDEN structure will level up, opening up additional continents for exploration with more Doods for converting.
The end is nigh!
Armageddon: As time goes on, a Planet will reach the end of its play cycle. Dood society will expand as far as it can go and begin to plateau. At this point, the player can choose to initiate an Armageddon. This will effectively “reset” the Planet, but will grant a set amount of Soul Gems, which can be used to upgrade the player’s Spirit Core, providing permanent passive and active bonuses.
- There are two options for Armageddon: the player may either perform a benevolent Rapture for its Doods or a malevolent Sacrifice, each associated with a specific alignment, from which the player will be able to reap Soul Gems for leveling up their Spirit Core, as well as potentially other bonuses and rewards.
- Additionally, an Armageddon will produce a large amount of Anima, our play-to-earn token. Assuming they have maximized their planet's development, players will be able to execute one Armageddon event per week per planet.
- Every time a player resets their planet, new continents will be randomly generated based on the planet’s elemental distribution, keeping the gameplay for each cycle fresh and interesting.